A LITTLE NOTE ABOUT PRIVACY…
I just need to let you know a few things about how I use your personal information when you contact me via this website www.endrickholistics.co.uk or www.endrickholistics.com . Please rest assured I will only use your contact details once you have been in touch to reply to your initial enquiry and to keep you up to date with news and offer if you have chosen to subscribe. At all times, your information remains strictly confidential, is solely used for internal purposes and access to your information is always electronically protected with passwords. Should you become a client of mine, all records remain strictly confidential and will be kept as paper copies kept locked in a secure place.
PRIVACY STATEMENT: YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION- GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
GDPR is bringing in new legal protection for personal information from May 2018. This tells you what personal information I gather via my website, and why, and what your rights are. At all times, your information remains strictly confidential and you can contact me via the details below regarding any questions with this policy.
Therapist’s Name and Contact Details: Frederique Power
Telephone No: 07818112693
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Controller Contact Details: Frederique Power
The Purpose of processing Client Data:
In order to give professional holistic treatments, I will need to gather and retain potentially sensitive information about your health. I will only use this information for informing therapy treatments and associated recommendations concerning aspects of health and wellbeing which I will offer to you.
I take basic contact details and information via my website to allow me to contact you and send you up to date information about news and offers for visitors on this website and my business customers. I may also collect data when an order is placed via the shop page, such as your name, email address, mailing address and telephone number.
If you are purchasing a gift voucher, I will collect information about the gift recipient so I can fulfil the gift voucher purchase. The information will not be used for marketing purposes, nor shared with any other party.
If you send me sensitive medical/health information, I will only hold and use this if we proceed to treatment at which time I will require explicit consent from you to hold this information (through reading and signing a privacy notice fulfilling the GDPR guidelines). If we do not proceed to treatment, I will securely erase this information.
Lawful Basis for holding and using Client Information
As a full member of the Association of Reflexologists (AoR) and a registered provider with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC), I abide by the Code of Practice and Ethic for these organisations. The lawful basis under which I hold and use your information is my legitimate interests i.e.my requirement to retain the information in order to provide you with the best possible treatment options and advice
As I hold special category data (i.e. health related information), the Additional Condition under which I hold and use this information is: for me to fulfil my role as a health care practitioner bound under the AoR and CNHC Confidentiality as defined in their Code of Practice and Ethics.
What information I hold and what I do with it
In order to give professional therapy treatments, I will need to ask for and keep information about your health. I will only use this for informing therapy treatments and any advice I give as a result of your treatment. The information to be held is:
- Your contact details (name, address, postcode, email and phone number)
- Medical history and other health - related information including your lifestyle (which I take from you at first consultation)
- Treatment details and related notes (which I take after subsequent treatments)
The personal information collected on my website will be used to provide the services you have requested such as:
- to quickly process transactions of items purchased via the shop page
- to deliver gift vouchers purchases to the recipient of the said voucher
- to improve and administer the website
How Long I Retain Your Information for
I will keep your information for the following periods:
- Claims occurring insurance: for which I'm required to keep my records for 7 years after last treatment.
- Laws regarding children's records: for which I'm required to keep my records until the child is 25, or if 17 when treated, then 26.
- Registration with the CNHC: for which I am required to retain information for 8 years.
I will not transfer your data outside the EU without your consent, although you need to be aware that my email provider Gmail by Google are based outside of the UK. They have committed to complying with all applicable privacy laws, including GDPR.
Protecting Your Personal Data
I am committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect online from you.
I will contact you using the contact preferences you give me in your first contact with me in relation to appointment times, therapy information or information related to your health, special offers and promotions. You may unsubscribe from this at any time.
If you have submitted a testimonial via social media, I will copy it to the testimonial section of the website using your first name and the initial of your surname. Should you wish to remove it, please email email@example.com and I will do so within 14 days.
Third party Services
I use the following third-party services:
- Weebly to publish my website and collect anonymous information about users' activity on the website (number of users viewing pages, report of effectiveness of the website to help improve it)
- Analytics: I use analytics on my website. From this I may collect certain information about your visit, such as the type of browser you use, the date and time you accessed the website, the pages you access whilst visiting the website, and the web address of the website from which you linked to my website. I only use this information for statistical analysis purposes, to help improve and administer the website, and it will not be shared with any other parties. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify visitors.
GDPR gives you the following rights:
- The right to be informed: To know how your information will be held and used (this notice).
- The right of access: To see your therapist's records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and you can verify it.
- The right to rectification: To tell your therapist to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to erasure (also call "the right to be forgotten'): For you to request your therapist to erase any information they hold about you.
- The right to restrict processing of personal data: You have the right to request limits on how your therapist uses your personal information.
- The right to data portability: under certain circumstances you can request a copy of personal information held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems.
- The right to object: To be able to tell your therapist you don't want them to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes.
- Rights in relation to automated decision - making and profiling.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office: To be able to complain to the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being used in a way that you have given permission for, or if they are being stored when they don't have to be.
Full details of your rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please use the contact details given above (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you are dissatisfied with the response you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office; their contact details are at: www.ico.org.uk
- If you don't agree to your therapist keeping records of information about you and your treatments, or if you don't allow them to use the information in the way they need to for treatments, the therapist may not be able to treat you.
- Your therapist has to keep your records of treatment for a certain period as described above, which may mean that even if you ask the, to erase any details about you, they may have to keep these details until after that period has passed.
- Your therapist can move their records between their computers and IT systems, as long as your details are protected from being seen by others without your permission.
A copy of this document will be sent to you should you request it and contact me via email (you can then print it, sign it and email it back to me), and a hard copy will be provided at your first treatment in order to confirm that you have understood and accepted my privacy statement and your rights under the GDPR.
This policy was created on 17 May 2018.